Yummy protein shake!


Love muffin top-less blog on Tumblr.    I have tried some of her shakes and they are pretty good.  
Here is one I like:

1 scoop chocolate protein powder (she doesn't say what kind but I like Jay Robb)
1 Cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk or substitute vanilla sugar free coconut milk
1 Tablespoon natural peanut butter
1-2 Stevia packets (optional)
3-5 ice cubes
Blend

  
I recommend Jay Robb protein powder.  Dissolves great- no clumps!

My favorite protein shake is Dunkin Donuts iced decaf coffee, one scoop of Jay Robb chocolate powder and 1/2 cup unsweetended almond milk.  
Super low carbs - only 1 gram of carbs from the powder and 2 carbs from the almond milk.  No sugar!  25 grams of protein from the powder and 1 gram from the almond milk. 
Only 130 calories!  Perfect snack.

You could drink the shake for breakfast (always start the day with protein) and have a bowl of high fiber cereal (Fiber One) with 1/2 cup or 1 cup unsweetened almond milk.  I eat that for breakfast when I do not have enough time to cook eggs.  When I have time, I make scrambled eggs (1 whole egg and 3 egg whites) and I eat that in place of the shake.


0 comments:

Post a Comment